| J. MICHAEL KRETZER|
J. Michael Kretzer, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Technical Director, 688th Information Operations Wing, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. In this position, Mr. Kretzer assists the commander by providing technical guidance and reviewing, evaluating and formulating policies, and developing concepts and objectives governing the mission of tcenter. The 688th IOW is a subordinate unit of 24th Air Force and Air Force Space Command and is the Air Force focal point for all information operations activities. It integrates information operations tactics, training and technology for combatant commanders. The Wing comprises more than 1,200 military and civilian personnel trained in operations, engineering, operations research, intelligence, installation, communications and computer applications.
Mr. Kretzer entered civil service in November 1982 following seven years of active duty as an Air Force officer. He began his civilian career as an electronics engineer specializing in communications with Electronic Security Command at Kelly AFB. Mr. Kretzer has served at various positions within AIA and its predecessor units. His positions have included communications engineer, electronics engineer, program manager, division chief and director. Mr. Kretzer also served in the Air Force Reserve and retired in the rank of lieutenant colonel.
1975 Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering technology, Bradley University, Peoria, Ill.
1976 Communications-Electronics Engineer Course, honor graduate, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1977 Digital Wideband Communications Course, Scott AFB, Ill.
1980 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1983 Systems Engineering Management Course, Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, Ill.
1984 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1990 Master of Science degree in management, Stanford University, Stanford, Calif.
1993 Intermediate Systems Engineering Course, Brooks AFB, Texas
1996 Senior Reserve Officer Cryptologic Course, National Cryptologic School, National Security Agency
2000 Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Virg.
2005 EXCEL: Intelligence Community Executive Leader Program, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill.
1. September 1975 - March 1976, student, Communications-Electronics Engineer Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2. March 1976 - June 1976, student, Wideband System Test and Evaluation Course, Richards-Gebaur AFB, Mo.
3. June 1976 - July 1977, systems engineer, Pirincilik CDI, Turkey
4. July 1977 - October 1979, wideband communications evaluation team chief, Headquarters European Communications Area, Kapaun Barracks, West Germany
5. October 1979 - November 1982, communications systems engineer, Airborne Systems Division, Directorate of System Engineering, Electronic Security Command, Kelly AFB, Texas
6. November 1982 - April 1984, electronic engineer, Airborne Systems Division, Directorate of System Engineering, Electronic Security Command, Kelly AFB, Texas
7. April 1984 - July 1987, senior electronics engineer, Special Project Division, Operations Plans Directorate, Electronic Security Command, Kelly AFB, Texas
8. July 1987 - October 1992, Chief, Operational Systems Division, Operations Support Directorate, Electronic Security Command, Kelly AFB, Texas
9. October 1992 - January 1995, Chief, Operations Support Division, Directorate of SIGINT Operations, Air Force Cryptologic Support Center, Kelly AFB, Texas
10. January 1995 - July 1997, Director, Office of Technology Management, Air Force Information Warfare Center, Kelly AFB, Texas
11. July 1997 - March 1999, Chief, Advanced Concepts Division, Information Systems Directorate, Air Force Information Warfare Center, Kelly AFB, Texas
12. March 1999 - July 2001, Technical Director, Air Force Information Warfare Center, Kelly AFB, Texas
13. July 2001 - September 2006, Technical Director, Air Force Information Warfare Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
14. October 2006 - August 2009, Technical Director, Air Force Information Operations Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
15. August 2009 - Present, Technical Director, 688th Information Operations Wing, Lackland AFB, Texas
AWARDS AND HONORS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster 1984 - 1998 Sustained superior performance 1990 Sloan Fellow 1994 Meritorious Civilian Service Award 2001 Meritorious Civilian Service Award Sustained Superior Performance Award (3) 2005 Meritorious Senior Professional Presidential Rank Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS: Association of Old Crows Air Force Association
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS: Acquisition Professional in Program Management, Level II Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, Level II Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering (Science and Technology Manager), Level III
(Current as of September 2009)